Hey! I did it! After spending hours last night trying to get this thing going and not having any success, I tried a different tack this morning and it seems to be working. I'll need to learn more about how this works but today I will start easy. This is my first blog ever. I needed Tammy's and Amy's needling and wheedling to push me into this new era of Internet communication. I just hope it won't replace our phone calls and emails. (I thought I was high tech with that!) So, this is for you girls!
Yesterday was a bummer. We took Tyler and Ryan to the airport along with Amy's family and Tammy and Cody. They all went back to California. The boys will be gone for 2 whole weeks! We had everyone out here for the 4th of July and Justin's 8th Birthday and Baptism. There were 19 people here at some point so now that it's just me and Justin here now is kind of weird. The house is very quiet and we don't have anything scheduled for today. We are just going to relax and enjoy the calm.
We had a really great time with everyone here and we really appreicate all the effort it took for you all to come. All I can say is "THANKS!!". I had been looking forward to our getting together for months and months and now it seems unreal that it's actually over! I am so blessed to have a family that likes being together and gets along so well. (Living in 1 house together for 2 weeks and wishing you could stay longer is proof of that!) Tammy and Amy have blogged some of the highlights of their Kansas time, so I'll just say that I think Brooke's idea of coming back for her 8th birthday is a great one - but you all don't have to wait that long! You can come back anytime!
Justin is sad that he didn't get to go to California like Tyler and Ryan. I'm just not ready to send him off on his own yet. He thinks it's so unfair!We talked to the boys last night and they sounded tired from traveling all day, but happy. Tyler spent 2 weeks with Cody last summer so I know he will be OK, but this is new for Ryan and I'm pretty sure he's going to get a little homesick. Tammy will take care of them so I'll try not to worry about it too much.
2 comments:
yay teresa! i love your blog! keep playing with the options and post some pictures soon. you are awesome!
Welcome to blogging...you might find it kind of addicting. Glad you guys had a great time together, sad to have missed it.
Post a Comment