I had plans for a garden this year, but I've given up. Again. But I did plant some berries so I'm anxious to have some fruit! That's going to have to count as a garden this year.
Todd's parents came to visit about 2 weeks ago. We had a really good time with them! We found a museum in Kansas City with all the contents of an old steamboat that sank in the 1850s. It was very cool and we'll probably take any new visitors there too. Afterwards, we went to our favorite burger place, Cheeseburgers in Paradise, and introduced Mom & Dad Averett to chocolate nachos. Yummo!
Ryan also enjoyed playing piano duets with Grandma Averett and all 3 boys spent some noisy hours showing off all their songs. They also had lots on fun with Todd & Grandpa Averett playing hoops in the driveway. It was a treat for the kids.
Ryan and Tyler have both had spring concerts for their school bands. This was Ryan's 1st year playing the trombone and it's amazing how good those kids sound! Tyler's group has more experience, but we were still impressed with the difficulty of their music! I love that the boys love music.
I finished a baby quilt for my sister Amy's new baby, Micah. His pictures are so cute and I can't wait to see him and cuddle him up in his quilt from Auntie Teresa!
Mother's Day was pretty good. I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting & I spent a week worrying about saying the right things. It turned out OK and a lot of people said they liked it. I'm just glad it's over. I had already splurged on a couple of "early Mother's Day presents" (Photoshop Elements 6 & an external hard drive) so I wasn't expecting much but Todd surprised me with roses, some very good chocolate, a new pink cell phone, and a fire pit! The very next day we made S'mores for Family Night and they were soooo good!
Now we are in the last week of school for the boys and then we are going to enjoy a great summer vacation! We have a few trips planned and several family visits here so the summer is going to go a fast & busy one! We are looking forward to seeing some of you during our adventures!
2 comments:
Justin looks so little on that huge mower! That's so cool you guys let him cruise in it!
You have had a busy and fun month - great re-cap!
Teresa, how busy and fun! I am actually jealous of your new riding lawn mower. I always wanted one when I was a kid. I hope your boys get lots of use out of it! :) And your quilt is just beautiful! You've got a real talent there. I had to speak on Mother's day in that ward too. I'm glad that it went well, and hopefully that means that Todd won't ask you to speak again for a while! Hope your summer is wonderful!
Post a Comment