Ryan decided the day before, that he did want a costume for the ward Trunk-or-Treat party so we went looking for something cheap. There were very few options at that late date, but since the Christmas merchandise is out in all the stores, he found a Santa hat and we decided to make it work. We bought a red sweat suit and trimmed it out with furry fabric. And I made a beard and a belt and added fur to his Frankenstein boots from last year. He really liked the pillow stuffed in his clothes to make him fat. At the party, he won the award for Most Original Costume. Ho, ho, ho!
Justin wanted to be a pile of money like the one on some TV commercials. It follows the people around and its funny. So I looked for play money all over Kansas and couldn't find any. Well, I found some, but it was pretty expensive fake money! So we went back to our old stand-by costume, and Justin went as a Martial Arts Guy! Thanks to Cody for the hand-me-down uniform!
Tyler decided to not dress up this year. He is too old. He can't have hard or chewy candies because of his new braces. So he helped pass out candies at the ward party and then at home while Todd took the other 2 boys around the neighborhood.
We have waaayy too much candy. Fortunately the good stuff is almost gone. And after muching on it for 5 days, even the good stuff doesn't taste good. The thing I like best about Halloween is that when it's over, it's 2 months of getting ready for CHRISTMAS!! I guess Ryan was on to something!
No comments:
Post a Comment