Tuesday, December 9, 2008

GOAL!!

Just minutes ago I finished indexing my 12,000th name on the Church's Family Search Indexing project!! That's about 1,000 a month for the year! I did a range of records from Massachusetts Marriage indexes, Irish Birth Indexes, Canada Census, Washington Death Certificates, Olahoma, Florida, Massachusetts, & Illinois State Censuses, and even a batch of marriage records from England that were written in latin! It's kind of interesting and I like to imagine what the people were like. For some of the more recent ones, I wondered how many of the chidren have grown up and have families and if they are still alive somewhere. I think I'll take a break, but I will do more. It's an easy thing to do while I'm half watching TV. Yay, me!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow Teresa! That is amazing. Congrats on hitting your goal. It feels so good!

Jennifer said...

I'm so impressed! Way to go! I hope to start doing that some time in the near future. Maybe after we move and we get settled in again. That is such a great service. Hope you're staying warm over there!

Grandma's Blog said...

Way to go! I haven't done any indexing since we left home in August. I'll get going again -- after Christmas!
Mom