...so that's what we'll do!
That song (from the Primary songbook) has been playing in my head for months now. The boys helped me build grow boxes and Todd helped me plant seeds. And "before you know, good things will grow, to feed our family" - we've got real produce! It amazes me that tall plants and real food come from tiny little seeds, lots of sun, & a little water. It's a miracle and I'm in awe.
We are not a big veggie-eating family, but I'm having a good time showing the kids what I've picked and then trying to add it to our meals. We've had battered & fried yellow squash, pasta salad with our cucumbers, tomato, & green bell pepper, a stirfry, a few salads, a garden vegetable skillet dish, and there's still lots of things out there still growing! We planted 2 (only TWO) tomato plants because we don't really like tomatoes, but I've picked about 5 and there are probably 75 more!!! I'm going to can them if they'll get together and ripen at the same time. I also have about 15 cucumbers (again, not something we like) so I'm going to make pickles. The rabbits destroyed my lettuce and zucchini, and I haven't learn how to string up the beans & peas right, but I'd say this garden has been a success.
"Oh, won't you plant a garden too, and share the many joys
A garden brings in health and love to happy girls and boys."
No comments:
Post a Comment