Last Friday night was Tyler's Marching Band's last football game of the year. I think he's a little sad that it's over. I'm proud that he did so well. I tried all season to get a good picture of Tyler in his band uniform and never got one.
It was impossible to find him in this group. There are 215 kids in our band!
He's up there somewhere. Earlier in the season, I videoed their whole show focusing on Tyler. He was doing so great and I was so happy I found him and we were sitting in the perfect spot to see him during the whole show. Then when they were done, I realized it wasn't Tyler. It wasn't even a trumpet player. Anyone out there have a tromboner they want a 15 minute video of? Duh.

This is the band at the top getting ready to take the field as soon as those dancers get out of the way. I have no idea where Tyler is. I did video this time (still can't get video onto my blog) and I watched another wrong kid the whole time. They just don't stand still long enough!

And we froze in the stands. Fortunately, it was a short night for the band so we left at halftime. I'm glad they are done for the year - it's just too cold! It was really cool to see how the band improved over a few months and watching Tyler grow into it. He's glad for a break - 2 hrs. of marching every day is hard work! - and he's already talking about next year!
And we froze in the stands. Fortunately, it was a short night for the band so we left at halftime. I'm glad they are done for the year - it's just too cold! It was really cool to see how the band improved over a few months and watching Tyler grow into it. He's glad for a break - 2 hrs. of marching every day is hard work! - and he's already talking about next year!
3 comments:
At least you can admit that you taped the wrong kid, I thought I recorded the kids at their dance festival last spring and realized when it was over that I recorded the 'inbetween times' instead of them dancing. So I have 20 minutes of my lap I'll trade you for...
teresa you are funny! don and i had a good laugh at your expense! at least you have the memories if not the video!
I'm so glad Tyler is enjoying marching band. I did that for 3 years and it really was a neat experience!
Post a Comment