Thursday, December 17, 2009

"Decorate the House with Christmas Lights....

Snow's on the ground, snow white so bright.
In the fireplace is the Yule Log,
Beneath the mistletoe as we drink eggnog."
That title is a line from a Run DMC Christmas rap. Aren't I cool?

Anyways.... This year I asked Tyler to put up the Christmas lights. He likes heights and Todd didn't have the time this year so it made sense. He recruited Ryan and they got on OK start. I went out to check on them and started to rethink this plan. They were like 2 monkeys hanging from the edge of the porch roof and standing on the railing! They, being directly below the lights, couldn't see what they were doing so I took up the job of guiding/bossing and eventually it all got done. When we were building this house I imagined how goregous it was going to be with lights hanging from the roof, gables, porch, lining the driveway and sidewalk. That is just not going to happen. This is enough. Until next year - Tyler says he'll do the whole house up right if I buy the lights.But this. This is not too bad. Especially when I got 2 teenage boys excited about helping.

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

Looks dangerous! And yet they look perfectly calm and excited! The house looks great!

Bellonfamily said...

Can't believe they are old enough to do all that! I also realize how much the bushes and greenery have grown around your home. We have been gone a long time! WE miss Kansas especially at this time of year because it was really nice to have our OWN Christmas and not have to try to please all the family! although they are the reason we moved back. anyway...blah blah blah