Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tales of a Fourth Grade Something

Justin is our current 4th grader. He's getting really good grades, has lots of friends, and is enjoying having the whole school to himself (the other brothers are in different schools this year). I remember the older boys' 4th grade years having lots of projects and field trips - Justin's is the same! They study pioneers and have to create a covered wagon. The assignment is given weeks before it's due and it's supposed to be a "family" project. Somehow, we procrastinated, and Justin & I built this wagon the very last night before it was due.
I squirted the hot glue, Justin lined up the pretzels. He also made the wheels and the cover. We borrowed items from our other wagons to go inside. It turned out really cool!
Our fourth graders also have a Notable Kansans day. They are assigned a Kansan to research and the portray in a group presentation. Justin was Frank Carney. Do you know who that is? He was a co-founder of Pizza Hut! I didn't know Pizza Hut was a Kansas thing! Justin insisted that he have a brown business suit and a Pizza Hut box to do his part. I bought a brown suit at the thrift store and we had pizza just to get the box. Justin did a really good job! After the presentation the kids served the parents cookies & punch. Yay for Kansans!
Yay for Justin!

2 comments:

amyndodd said...

I love Pizza Hut! Great job Justin.

Grandma's Blog said...

Justin, Love the brown suit! You should save it!!
Love, Grandma & Grandpa Ashby