Sunday, June 13, 2010

Star Date oh-six-one-three-of-two-oh-one-oh

Since my last post was waay back in April, I feel like I'm time traveling to get caught up with my blog. I don't know why it's been so hard for me to do. I'm on the computer everyday and I take lots of pictures so putting up a new post every now and then shouldn't be so tough. But it is. So we'll see how far I get today!

Let's start with Justin. He played soccer again this spring. He didn't have so much fun because the coach did a lot of yelling at the kids. And we had a few things come up on game days so he missed a few. At one of the games, Justin took a ball right in the face in the last few minutes. He stayed in and toughed it out until the end. Even though the season wasn't the best, Justin really enjoyed practicing with his brothers and building skills for next year. Go, Justin!
And look how cute he is! This boy makes me smile.
Justin just finished the 4th grade. It's been a long year for him. He's a genius, but he'd rather play than work. He has lots of friends. He also just recently achieved the Webelo rank in Cub Scouts. We have a few weeks to finish up his Arrow of Light. He went to Twilight Camp last week and got to shoot arrows, swim, do an egg drop, shoot BB guns, go geocaching, hike, and eat ice cream. He's also doing 4 weeks of swimming lessons this summer. At the end he should be ready for any scout swim test next year.
Justin's taking off a few weeks from piano lessons, but he's progressing there. He's starting on a few simplified Hymns and Primary songs. Since he's going to 5th grade in the fall, he gets to start a musical instrument at the school band. We have always talked about him rounding out our sons' brass trio by playing the French Horn, but in the last few months, Justin has been more interested in the saxophone. So we'll see.
In May, Todd & Justin & I went to the Groundbreaking ceremony for the new Kansas City temple. It was freezing and to keep me warm, Justin sat on my lap. He was way too big, hanging all the way to the ground. I miss holding my little boy.
And here's a snake the boys found in our yard. Don't know what kind it is. Don't care if it's poisonous or not. Just want it gone!!! (They let it loose later that day a few blocks away in a field, where all good snakes should stay.)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

aaahh! look at justin! he's so big! love you justin.

Emily said...

that is one super cute boy. want to hug him before he gets as big as the other two!