Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Couple of Things...

Ryan MADE this sword for his cousin, Jake, for Christmas! He's taking a wood shop class and has developed an interest in woodworking. For his birthday, he got his own scrollsaw from us and some other tools from his Grandpa. Then he saw a sword like this online and decided he wanted to make one for Jake. He begged us to give him a belt/disk sander so making it would be easier, but we didn't give it to him early and he had to do a lot of hand sanding to give it a good shape. He did get the belt sander and a nail gun for Christmas, so he will be making many more projects.
We got a third car for the family (that Tyler will get to drive). It's a dark blue 2006 Toyota Corolla. He's excited about driving it to school. I'm excited for him to run errands for me, take Justin to piano lessons for me, pick up Ryan from basketball for me... you get the idea. It's a much nicer car than I had in mind, but Todd is hoping that this car will last through all three boys. (Lucky Tyler!)
And now, we have this little face to look at every day. I can't stand it. The cuteness is too much!

3 comments:

Outnumbered said...

That sword is really impressive! Awesome job!

Bellonfamily said...

Can't believe how much they have grown up! Who's the baby? Super cute.

Teresa said...

Sorry, I should have said, the baby is my nephew Heath and he (and his mom & dad) are staying with us for a few months while they are in KS for an internship. It's only been a few days, but I LOVE having them here!