Tonight was the Barnes & Noble Harry Potter Party to mark the release of the 7th and final book in the series. Tyler & Ryan love Harry Potter but they're in California and missed the party this time. Since I'm a huge fan too, I made Justin and Todd go with me. This morning, we got up early to stand in line for wristbands that determined our place in line to buy the book. We heard people talking about there being so many people that there would be huge lines of people outside the store waiting to get in, so we went right at 7pm. There were some fun activities for kids - Justin did really well at Harry Potter Scene-It. We also tried the coffee shop's concoctions called Wizard's Sangria, Butterbeer, and Skelegro. Justin also bought some Every Flavor Beans and kept feeding them to Todd. Todd kept eating them! Gross.
So, after 5 hours of waiting around, we finally got in line! It was pretty exciting! Todd got separated from Justin and me but we found each other again just before checking out. Justin had also just hit his limit - he was so tired! They are so good to humor me!
Tyler is giving me fits about this book - he insists that we read it together the first time because that's how we read all the others. I think that's nice, but I want to read it now! But I won't. I promised the boys that I would wait until they come home from California and we'd read it together. Todd can't understand why we spent the whole night standing around with a bunch of weird people we don't know, buying a book 15 minutes after it goes on sale, if we're not even going to read it for another 10 days! I know, I'm nuts. But I love Harry Potter! I'm sad that this is the last book, but tonight was a fun reminder of all stuff I like about the books.
Hope you all have fun reading it too - JUST DON'T TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS!!!
2 comments:
You are funny!! I can't believe you aren't going to read it for 10 days!!
he dies! OR maybe not!
I don't know I haven't read it nor the first 6 books.
Post a Comment