Monday, December 3, 2007

Robots!



Tyler participated in a robot building and programming competition last week. The newspaper covered the story and Tyler was quoted! They also took tons of pictures but none of Tyler made it into the paper. Good thing I was there with my camera! Tyler & his friend Jeremy got second place in a double elimination tournament called SumoBot. The teams just had to put their bots face to face and start pushing the other one out of the circle. It got down to Tyler's bot and another one. Tyler's won 2 times, but then the other team realized their gear had fallen off, some adult said Tyler & Jeremy should be good sports and let them fix their bot and redo the match! So the boys did (I was so ticked) and after the enemy bot was fixed, of course it won. It didn't seem very fair to me. The other kids should have checked their bot before the match! Oh well, Tyler seems really happy to have gotten 2nd place and I'm proud of him for being a good smart kid. Check it out! http://cjonline.com/stories/120307/loc_222349892.shtml
I haven't posted anything in over a month! There just hasn't been anything new worth writing about. We had a good Thanksgiving here at home with some families in our ward. The boys are still doing very well in school. Todd is actually travelling to China right now. He is tired of going back and forth but hopefully the problems there are getting solved and Todd won't have to be there so much someday. I was great yesterday and then within 1 hour, BOOM! I got sick! I hate being sick! So today I never even got dressed and I just slept. I might do the same thing tomorrow! Amy tagged me awhile ago, but I'm still trying to think of 6 things my readers don't know about me. I'm just not that interesting! But I am missing you all!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

We are going through winter colds here too....the worst is Sara, so sad. I hope that you get feeling better soon.

Tammy said...

waaaa...i'm sick too! i HATE being sick. actually, i don't mind it if i can just be sick. but i HATE being sick and having to keep up with everything else. darn kids, darn husband, darn calling, darn school. yay for tyler! looks like he had a good time. you shoulda socked that adult who was butting in!

Emily said...

good job Tyler...you're awesome...now make a robot that can clean the kitchen, and go to work for me...then send it to me for Christmas!