Todd is still working hard at Payless and putting lots of time and effort into his calling as Bishop. Since our ward meets in the afternoon now, he has filled Sunday with meetings and appointments before and after the block. It is a very long and tiring day for him, but it has freed up Wednesday nights again and it is nice to have him around for another night.
Tyler is doing great at school (A+, A+, A, A+, A+, A). He goes to the Math Club and last week took a test to qualify for a math competition - and he got on the 4 person team for his school!! He is currently reading about 4 books of all different genres. He's taking on some difficult piano pieces for a Piano Guild thing in April and he just agreed to play a piano solo in Sacrament Meeting in March. He's been finishing up a few of the required merit badges for Scouts and is looking for service opportunites. He is also getting very interest in cars and driving cars and buying cars.... don't tell the other boys, but I've been letting Tyler steer when I pick him up from school. He is getting the hang of it and doing very well! This is Tyler parking Todd's car in the garage.
Ryan is always playing! He is on a basketball team right now, but he's already looking forward to soccer in the spring. He likes recess and PE best at school and when he comes home, he likes to play Wii, computer games, shoot hoops, ripstick, play with guys. He favors the trombone over the piano, but so far is still taking both kinds of lessons. He is also working on merit badges and ranks for Scouts and is starting to realize that he will be going to Scout camp for the whole week this year. He just finished reading the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith so we finally let him watch it with us last weeked. He was so excited!

Justin is growing up fast. He still likes to cuddle up with me on cold days. However, more and more, he wants to do everything the big boys do. Unfortunately, he can't. He is now reading the Star Wars novel so that he can see the movie too. He plays the piano and is learning very quickly. He's doing well in school, but seems to enjoy socializing more than academics. His pine wood derby is coming up in about a week and he hasn't even started his car! Justin is also playing basketball. I took some lousy pictures on Saturday and then put my camera away. Then he made 2 baskets right in front of me! He made 4 baskets that game - I love to see him play.
4 comments:
Love the scarves!! Ryan looks like he has grown sooo much in that picture - he's so tall!
I can't believe Tyler is already at the age to practice driving cars. And Justin is so handsome - he probably melts all the girls' hearts. :)
Keep on blogging! ♥
thanks for the update! it took me a while to get back in the grove after Christmas too. keep it up!
i love the scarves and would wear anyone of them in our 60* temps!
Your scarves are beautiful! Are they your first ones? You must have the time without distractions to be able to count, because I've been knitting for 5 years and I still just only knit or knit 1 purl 1!
First of all, I cannot believe how big your boys are getting! There's something strange about seeing Tyler behind the wheel of Todd's car! In my head he hasn't grown up at all! I'm so glad that they are all keeping busy and being great boys! And I am SO impressed with your new knitting kick! Those scarves are just beautiful! Wow. Maybe I'll get the itch....someday! And I'm so glad that you guys get to see Todd on Wednesdays now. That's got to be so hard at times. But you just do it, right? :) Stay warm over there. I am definitely ready for spring also. Too bad it's still January! Take care!
Post a Comment