Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Heart Day!!



My Valentine gave me these gorgeous pink roses!



He also gave me a sock knitting book (I love that he support me in my crazy hobbies) and a cookbook (that I already had so I exchanged it for one about muffins and quick breads - mmmm) and, of course, chocolate. I never need it or ask for it, but he knows I love it.

I gave Todd his favorite chocolate candies (reeces hearts and heart york peppermint patties). And I really tried to think of a gift he would like that didn't cost a bajillion dollars. He likes to help in the kitchen and he makes awesome cookies, so he mentioned a few weeks ago that he could use a man apron. He usually wears a tiny little one that barely covers his front. So I made him a man-sized, man-colored, denim apron. I was so tempted to use a fancy stitch or two on my sewing machine, but no, I kept it manly. Todd likes it. I'll take his picture in it later.




We spent the day doing mostly separate things - running errands, basketball games, shopping, napping.... but we did go out for a late dinner at Panera (love it) and then had pie at Perkins. It was a great day. I love my Valentine!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

The look like they smelled good too! Gorgeous.