Friday, November 6, 2009

A Big 'Ol Pile of Money

Halloween is not my favorite holiday, but this year was different for us. Tyler was at an all day band festival (got all Superiors - go WaRu Band!) so he didn't dress up or go Trick-or-Treating. Ryan wasn't going to dress up either, but at the last minute (literally) before we left for the Ward Trunk-or-Treat party, he threw together bits of past costumes. He's a nut.
He calls it SanNinjaPotterLizardStein on Crutches.
On the other hand, Justin has been planning this costume since last year. He loved an investment company's commercial showing a guy going through his day with his pile of money following him around. Justin immediately decided that that was an awesome idea for a Halloween costume. Unfortunately, we couldn't find affordable play money in time for Halloween 2008. But he reminded me early this year that he still wanted to be a pile of money. So $10 for 1500 pieces of play money + $7 for electrical cable + $4 for spray paint + $3 for glue sticks + free old sheet + free hula hoop + 10 burned fingertips =
1 Happy Boy in a Pile of Money costume.
Priceless.


He even won the Most Creative Award at the party!
At one point during the handing out of the candy, Todd was tossing candies to Justin. Justin stumbled backwards and fell. He just laid there on the ground with his costume up over his head. (I busted up laughing and wondered if it would be bad to take a picture.) Then in typical Justin fashion, he moans, "I'm OK." This is the funniest kid. Everyone in the parking lot was watching to see if he was getting up alright and Sis. Hansen said, "Uh-oh. It's the collapse of the financial market!" I almost lost it.

After the party the boys went through the nieghborhood with their buddies and Todd & I went home to pass out candy. It was weird and we kept thinking how the boys are really growing up. Halloween is still fun, but in a different way than when the boys were little. We didn't even carve a single pumpkin this year! One things the same - Candy, candy, candy!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

baaahaaaha! LOVE ryans costume. and justin is such a crack up! great job!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe that you made that Teresa! It's awesome! I'll bet Justin was a happy kid. So hilarious!

Bellonfamily said...

That's awesome! My kids think we are no fun, I had not one ounce of energy to carve a pumpkin... But with Spenny down and out, it just didn't seem like we should. anywho... loved the money bags!