Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Baby Things

My sister Emily had her first baby 3 weeks ago! His name is Heath and he is adorable. I can't tell you how excited we have been around here. During Emily's pregnancy, I was just itching to make baby things. In the wintertime, I knitted him a hat and some booties and Em put a picture of Heath wearing them on her blog. She's getting lots of cute pictures of him with her fancy camera! I made this pic my desktop wallpaper.
And then I had to make this.
It's my first sweater and my first time changing colors and doing buttonholes and a few other things I didn't know I could do. It was an experiment & there are a lot of mistakes, but I love how it turned out. So soft. I just can't wait to meet him in person and snuggle him up and smell his hair. I only feel a little bad that he's a summer baby with absolutely no use for knitted hats, booties, and sweaters. I had so much fun making them and loving Heath the whole time.

5 comments:

Becky Clinton said...

I'm so inspired! I have always been a crocheter (see my blog for that saga) but have always wanted to cross over into knitting. I have a pattern all picked out for a knitted sampler blanket - figured that would be a good way to keep it simple. It's just big knitted squares in different stitch configurations. I mean how hard can it be - knit and purl. Your sweater is so cute! Nice job.

Emily said...

what a cute baby! he gets to wear his hat and booties more often than you'd think for a summer baby, we keep it cool inside but he likes to be all warm and snuggly so they are perfect! I can't wait for the sweater to fit him! miss you lots! thanks for spoiling us! love you

Tina said...

oh I wish I stilled lived next door and you could teach me!!! I love them! super cute. Great job. Are you guys passing through Utah anytime???? We'd love to see you all.

Jennifer said...

Wow Teresa!! I'm so impressed. You have so many great skills! That is one luck baby to have an aunt like you. So happy for your sister, and great job on the baby clothes. I love, love, love the sweater!!

Ben Ashby said...

Awesome job!

Love you Teresa.