I can't believe the month is over! There's only 4 months left in 2007! Who put the calendar on hyper speed?
We are all staying busy here in Topeka. The boys are really enjoying school. They are also busy with piano and trombone lessons, scouts, and starting Saturday, soccer practices and games. Todd is super busy with work and church stuff. And I'm just sleeping in and taking naps according to my children!
Actually, I've been trying to finish some projects (see the quilt I make for Ben & Leslie's baby Sara!)and spending some time developing my talents. I'm filling in playing the organ for sacrament meetings for a month or two so that means I have to practice a lot. I am still not very good, but I am starting to enjoy it! I bought some new organ music to start working on tomorrow and I'm trying to justify buying some organ shoes. I think part of my fascination with new hobbies and projects is collecting all the new equipment and gadgets. (Think scrapbooking, cooking, quilting...) But I hope I'll be able to keep up the organ playing!
Tomorrow is Todd's 39th birthday!!! How did I get to be old enough to be married to a 39-year-old?! Actually, it doesn't seems that old now that I'm getting close too!
We will wait for him to open presents after school and work, then Todd & I are going out for dinner (maybe his favorite - Outback Steakhouse) then bring home dessert and share with the boys. Not very wild, but that's the kind of birthday Todd likes.
I still need to post some pictures so maybe I'll get to that this weekend....
3 comments:
Sara's quilt is so cute. My neighbor came over yesterday and saw the blue and while quilt you gave me awhile ago and was in awe with all the pieces you sewed together. I told her that was nothing and went and got Brooke and Kelsey's baby quilts you made. She was very impressed! I wish I had a picture of Sara's to show her! You are too talented!!
did you say organ SHOES...what the heck? i had no idea! collecting supplies for our hobbies is a hobby all by itself, right? i still love to buy scrapbooking and jewlery stuff and i haven't done either in MONTHS! have fun with it!
Sara's quilt is gorgeous and was the first gift I opened at the shower...LOVE IT!!!
There's a picture of it in the shower slide show and I have had people ask me where I can have one made for their girls. You could have a serious business!
I liked playing the organ pedals in sweat socks...not pretty, but I could "feel" better. Good Luck with that.
Post a Comment