But now... MOM's HERE!! She came on Saturday and will be here for 2 whole weeks. I think I have talked non-stop since she arrived and I'm sure she can still hear my voice blabbing in her sleep. She's taking a nap now - I hope we are not wearing her out too fast! We have started a puzzle she brought for the boys, we've sampled 5 or 6 different kinds of Hershey kisses, and we will probably do some shopping and start on a few projects.
Last night was Tyler's band concert. He is the 2nd chair trumpet. He's been playing for 3 years and I didn't hear him make any mistakes. Actually, the whole band sounded pretty good. I am amazed that a bunch of squirrely 7th graders can make music! It was a nice short program that we used for our family night. Then we came home and made ice cream sandwiches with chocolate pizelles and mint cookie ice cream. Yummy.
Today is very cold and very windy, with just a little snow. We went to Target and JoAnns. The wind was blowing and the snow was swirling around on the streets. It looked like dry ice fog and it was very hypnotic to watch. Mom is calling it a blizzard but I hope we get a REAL storm while she's here so she can see what that's like.
Last Friday, Tyler, Ryan, & Todd went to the Boy Scout Klondike Campout. The boys love it. Todd does not love it. They were able to stay warm enough to avoid frostbite and hypothermia, but they were still very cold. They said the hardest part was having to get up and leave the tent to pee in the middle of the night. Justin stayed right here with me - we watched a movie and ate dinner and then slept all night in our own toasty warm beds. Justin can't wait to be old enough to go - I am glad the BSA doesn't let moms go on campouts. That's definitely a boy/man activity.
5 comments:
I'm so jealous you get mom for two weeks! Have lots of fun! i love you!
I agree that scout camp outs should be for the dads! Glad to see you blogging again...miss you and your fam. Have fun with mom!
Glad to see you blogging again!! WE MISS MOM!! We would actually love to be there with her!!! Brooke had to fill out a poster for school and one of the sentences was -If I had one wish, I would wish for____- She said "a trip to Kansas" So cute.
i miss mom too! i wish for a trip to kansas too! i think dad's should go on camp outs too! me too, me too, me too!!!
I definitely agree that the camping....especially camping the the Kansas winter....is a man's activity! Who scheduled that thing in the winter anyway? Not that the summer is much more pleasant. How many chigger bites did poor Tyler get last year? Stay warm over there!
Post a Comment