I remember going to the 101 Drive-In with my Mom and Dad to see movies like E.T. and Mary Poppins, but my kids did not even know what a drive-in was! We found one in K.C. and since we're trying to keep busy while Cody is here, we took the boys on Friday night to see Journey to the Center of the Earth. They thought is was cool that we would be bringing our own treats. I made a huge batch of "real popped in oil in a pot on the stove" popcorn and Tyler made his puppy chow treats. Ryan picked out boxes of movie candies. So we were set. The show didn't start until 10:55, and when we got there, all four boys were actually shocked that we would really be DRIVING IN and then watching the movie IN THE VAN! I don't know how many times I told them about it, but they didn't get it. The movie was OK. The goodies were great. The boys liked it. Todd was tired. I felt like a little girl again! We are going to have to do that again!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Remember Drive-Ins?
I remember going to the 101 Drive-In with my Mom and Dad to see movies like E.T. and Mary Poppins, but my kids did not even know what a drive-in was! We found one in K.C. and since we're trying to keep busy while Cody is here, we took the boys on Friday night to see Journey to the Center of the Earth. They thought is was cool that we would be bringing our own treats. I made a huge batch of "real popped in oil in a pot on the stove" popcorn and Tyler made his puppy chow treats. Ryan picked out boxes of movie candies. So we were set. The show didn't start until 10:55, and when we got there, all four boys were actually shocked that we would really be DRIVING IN and then watching the movie IN THE VAN! I don't know how many times I told them about it, but they didn't get it. The movie was OK. The goodies were great. The boys liked it. Todd was tired. I felt like a little girl again! We are going to have to do that again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment