Last week, before Cody left, we went to Worlds of Fun in KC. After having such a great day at Magic Mountain, we really expected to have another perfect theme park day. We got there about 11am and it was already HOT. There weren't very many people there, so the lines were short. That was good. But it was HOT. We kept buying ice cream and lemonade to cool off and the boys rode the water rides trying to get wet. But it was HOT. Then some of the biggest fastest rides were closed! And did I say it was HOT? The temp was almost up to 100 degrees! So after only 4.5 hours, we called it a day. (I think the Tyler and Cody would have stayed longer, but Ryan, Justin, & I were done!) We stopped at an A&W for hamburgers and root beer - none of the boys knew A&W is a burger restaurant, not just a root beer! I think they liked it - they keep asking if we can go again. I feel bad that we picked such a HOT day to go, but we were all much happier when we got home and showered and ate more ice cream. Did I say it was HOT?!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Worlds of FUN!
Last week, before Cody left, we went to Worlds of Fun in KC. After having such a great day at Magic Mountain, we really expected to have another perfect theme park day. We got there about 11am and it was already HOT. There weren't very many people there, so the lines were short. That was good. But it was HOT. We kept buying ice cream and lemonade to cool off and the boys rode the water rides trying to get wet. But it was HOT. Then some of the biggest fastest rides were closed! And did I say it was HOT? The temp was almost up to 100 degrees! So after only 4.5 hours, we called it a day. (I think the Tyler and Cody would have stayed longer, but Ryan, Justin, & I were done!) We stopped at an A&W for hamburgers and root beer - none of the boys knew A&W is a burger restaurant, not just a root beer! I think they liked it - they keep asking if we can go again. I feel bad that we picked such a HOT day to go, but we were all much happier when we got home and showered and ate more ice cream. Did I say it was HOT?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is too hot!! We are going to Sea World in a couple weeks... I am afraid of it being too hot. We will have to sit in the soak zone.
Your blog is so cute!!
Post a Comment