Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break, Part One


We left home on Friday evening and drove all through the night. We had breakfast in Pittsburgh, PA then went to Todd's Mecca - Fallingwater. This is a house designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright, Todd's favorite architect. It has been a lifelong goal for him to see it. I think it lived up to his expectations, he took a ton of pictures and bought a T-shirt and necktie to commemorate the event. We were not allowed to take pictures on the tour of the inside but we also bought a book with lots of pics. The rest of us thought it was interesting, but the most fun thing was watching Todd take it all in.

After Fallingwater, we drove on to Washington DC. We saw the movie Escape to Witch Mountain. We stayed in a hotel in Virginia and the first night there, Tyler got sick. He threw up all over the room so in the morning, Todd took the other 2 boys to Mount Vernon and a quick trip through Washington to see some of the monuments, and I moved Tyler & our stuff to another room. Poor Tyler was sick or sleeping all day long. Todd felt bad that I missed a day of sightseeing, but I was content to watch Tyler. He's growing up fast & won't need me to take care of him when he's sick for very much longer. But Todd, Ryan & Justin had a great day being tourists.

No comments: