Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ta-Da!

I'm not expecting, but I've been nesting! I just enjoy fixing up the house and working on projects. I have a list of things to work on and I've got a bug to get things done. Maybe I'm just ready for spring. So, here's my bathroom window:
Before, blah, boring.

After, better, but beautiful? Not sure I like it. I bought the panels and hemmed them up to fit over the tub, but I think it looks a little Grandma-y. No offense to the Grandmas out there. Any suggestions for how to make this work? It needs some help.

And here's my bedroom windows. Two years ago my sister, Tammy, helped me pick out & hang the curtains & I really like them, but it has bugged me that the sheers showed at the top because the brown curtains were not long enough. I wanted to order longer ones, but too much money! Sooo, yesterday, while listening to conference, I added 2 feet of a similar embroidered fabric and some fringe. Todd helped me move the rod up as high as possible and now look!
Before, good, but not quite right.

After, so much better. And I got a warm-weather coverlet for our bed so I had to get new pillows too!

I've done about all I can do without getting furniture for this room!
In the rest of the house, I think I'm going to hang a mirror and a quilt rack and some pictures tomorrow. Whoa.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

awesome. love the curtains in your room...do you like them? yeah...the bathroom looks a little old lady. maybe it's the tie backs? or the sheer underneath? i don't know. we'll work on it in july! can't wait to see what else you do!

Teresa said...

Thanks, Tam. The tie-backs are just temporary. I have leftover fabric & fringe from the bedroom I thought I'd use but now I don't know. I'll just leave it until you come & we'll decorate the whole time you're here!

Leslie said...

I love the colors and your new bedspread! great job.

amyndodd said...

I find decorating so hard!! It drives me crazy! I am always calling Tammy to come over and tell me what to do. It helps when you have someone's opinion.