Cody has been such a great kid during his visit with us. He never bothers me and he hardly ever asks for any thing. I worry that he won't tell me if he really needs something because he's afraid I'll say no. (I say no more than his mom.) But a few days ago, he asked if I would make scones before he goes home. Of course! Todd said the batch I made Sunday was probably the best ones I've ever made. Most of them had huge air pockets and the boys carefully poked holes in them and filled them with butter, powdered sugar and syrup. Cody perfected the technique. We are still eating the leftovers. Mmmmm.
Scones:
4 c. very warm water
3-4 Tb. yeast
4 Tb. sugar
3 Tb. oil
1 Tb. salt
about 10-11 c. flour
Mix water, yeast, & sugar; let stand 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Knead. Let rise for 30 minutes. Heat oil. Roll out 1/2 the dough and cut into squares or triangles and then fry until crispy and golden and done on the inside. Top with butter, cinnamon sugar, powdered sugar, maple syrup, blueberry syrup, strawberries and whipped cream, honey, peanut butter..... everything is good!
3 comments:
Yum! I'll definitely be trying these!
My Grandma Lake makes those...they are YUMMY!
thanks for taking such good care of my boy! he had a great time. i'm going to have to try those scones...they look great! thanks for the cook book too! i've been looking for it with no luck.
Post a Comment