
Our school has a program called Written & Illustrated where the 5th & 6th grade kids go early one day a week and learn how to Write and Illustrate their own book. At the end, after their books are assembled, they have an Author's Tea where the parents come and have cookies and punch and the finished books are presented to the kids. This is Ryan's 2nd year to do this. Last year his book was about a secret agent platypus and his evil foe. This year, Ryan told the same story but from the bad guy's point of view. It's called "The MOM". Ryan did the entire thing himself this year so when I finally read the finished book, I cracked up. Someday maybe he'll let you read it. Ryan has always loved playing with his "guys" - action figures, army men, knights, star wars people, even dinosaurs. He has an imaginative and creative mind and it's interesting to see how he defines them all - good guys or bad guys. His story is like that too. He is a talented kid!
2 comments:
Cool. I will have to read it in July!
Post the book...I want to read it!
Post a Comment