Justin, the baby of the family, choose to make islands for his 4th grade landform project. Ryan made a plaster Grand Canyon. And although none of us can remember what Tyler did for his project, I know we made something! Something playdough? Anyways, this is our last one. Thank goodness. As usual, the project was left undone until the last possible weekend. Todd helped Justin sculpt the islands. They even got fancy and made a lake on the island with a little island in it. Then Justin baked and painted them. Then (after watching too many Food Network Challenges and thinking this would be so easy) we made hard candy and colored it blue and poured it in the pan around the islands for the water. It was a mess and it was harder to do than we thought, but we made it work. The islands have water. Justin was happy. He ate the extra blue candy. I'm happy. It's done.
1 comment:
That looks so cool! I want to eat it!
Post a Comment