
My friend, Annette, reminded me of the saying that "Behind every Eagle Scout is a nagging mother." Ain't that the truth! Tyler & Ryan are not Eagles - YET - but I have been nagging all summer long about their slow progress in scouting. We finally had to set some serious consequences if they didn't get certain things done before school started and they did it! I am so proud of them! Tyler earned his First Class rank and 5 merit badges. Ryan earned Tenderfoot (he almost made Second Class). Yeah! It feels good to see them learn to prioritize and set goals and achieve them (even with the nagging). So the Court of Honor was on Sunday Night and they wore their whole uniforms. About 30 minutes before we left, Tyler put on his sash, and low and behold, I had sewn his patches on the back! Duh. I ripped them off and sewed them back on super fast. No one even knew there was a problem. The Scout Leaders surprised all the boys with new matching red neckerchiefs and slides so the whole group looks great. (Ryan and Tyler are on the way right in this picture.) Go, Scouts!
1 comment:
Oh, look at all of those boys that I used to have in primary! They're getting so big. I'm so glad that they were able to reach their goals this summer. Good job to you too Teresa! What are mothers for? :)
Post a Comment