
Saturday we took the boys to the
Air Show in Kansas City. We took Tyler to one when he was a baby and he got so sunburned! This time we were better prepared! We had 2 backpacks full of snacks and frozen water bottles, lawn chairs to sit in, and umbrellas for some shade. It was HOT! We should have used the sunblock but we don't learn our lessons very well. Fortunately, none of us got too pink. We did see some awesome airplanes though! The boys were amazed that they flew so close to us and they were so loud! I liked the F-15. It flew all around doing stunts and then it flew off and we thought it was done. Then all of a sudden, it was zooming right in front of us and we didn't even hear it - until the sound waves followed and we could
feel the noise! It was so cool.
I mostly stayed with our stuff at our spot while Todd took the boys to see the planes up close. Big plane, little plane:


Tyler kept saying "I want to do that! I want to fly!" I can picture him being a pilot someday.


We also walked around and collected free stuff from the Army, Air Force, Sheriff's office, National Guard Reserves. I don't want the boys to ever
have to be in the military, but I am so grateful that there are lots of good people who are. The show also included a little silver stunt plane that was very fun to watch and some Army Parachuters. Very cool.

Justin started to feel sick (from the heat and the junk food) so we left before the Air Force Thunderbirds. That would have been awesome, but we'll definitely see them another time!
No comments:
Post a Comment